Wi-Fi Setup Requirements
Please note UbiBot WS1 and WS1 Pro cannot connected to 5 GHz only networks. When checking your network settings, please ensure:
- Radio Mode = 2.4 GHz or 2.4/5 GHz Mixed Network.
- WiFi Protocol: 2.4GHz (802.11 b/g/n) Compatible.
- WiFi Channel Supported: 1-13. (Some earlier models may only support channel 1-11 as US standard)
- Channel width is set to 20 MHz or “auto.”
- WiFi Security: use OPEN, WEP, or WPA/WPA2 on your WiFi router.
- Your router does not need any additional login procedure to access the Internet after connecting.
- Your router has turned off MAC Address Filtering.
- You are not using a VPN (Virtual Private Network) or Proxy Server.
- Your router does not have Wi-Fi Isolation enabled. Some “guest” networks have this setting as a default.
- Your router supports IPv4.
- If you are using a network extender/repeater, the network name (SSID) and password are the same as your primary network.
- If you are using a 2.4/5 GHz mixed network, make sure your mobile device is connected to a 2.4 GHz network at the beginning of the setup process.
- If your device is automatically switching back to the 5 GHz network during setup, your mobile device may need to forget the 5 GHz network. You can rejoin the network after setup.
- If you are using a 2.4/5 GHz mixed router and you have not set up a 2.4 GHz network, please set up the 2.4 GHz network to connect your UbiBot device. Access your router's administrator screen. Type in the IP address of your router in an internet browser window. To locate the IP of your router, please refer to your router's documentation or this list of common router IP addresses.