Download CH340 driver:
CH340 is a USB bus conversion chip, it can realize USB to UART interface or USB to printer interface. In serial UART mode, CH340 provides common MODEM liaison signal, used to expand UART interface of computer or upgrade the common serial device to USB bus directly.
Download PC Tools:
For Windows 32bit (Beta):
Ubibot PC Tools for windows 32bit
For Windows 64bit (Beta):
Ubibot PC Tools for windows 64bit
For Mac (Beta):
Ubibot PC Tools for Mac
Tips for Installation on Mac
By default, Mac OS only allows users to install applications from ‘verified sources.’ In effect, this means that users are unable to install most applications downloaded from the internet or stored on physical media. You may receive security notifications as the image below:
In this case, please go to the Security & Privacy settings to allow apps from both App Store and indentified developers.
After the above step, you may also see the warning as below. Please click “Cancel”, then follow the steps below to continue.
Navigate to the Security & Privacy Settings.
Click “Open Anyway”
- Log in and connect your device.
Please log in to your account to bind the device.If you forget the password, please go to console.ubibot.com to reset your password in the login page.
If device is not detected, please make sure the device is in On status. For WS1 Pro, you need to connect the USB cable to its upper USB port. You can also re-plug the device to try again.
In the Device page, you will find the basic information of your device, such as MAC address, firmware version, etc. In the Account page, all your account information is displayed.
- Device setup
Below is the instructions to go through the setup process via WiFi. Make sure you entered the correct WiFi password. If it failed, you will receive an error notification, telling the possible reasons. Or, you can also check the returned errors in the Tools– Last Error page. Once the setup completed, you can check the WiFi info. used for the device by clicking on “Last time WiFi info”. In terms of setting up for APN or IP address (available on Pro and GS1 device), please follow the onscreen instructions.
- Offline usage
For environments where network is not available, you can still use the Ubibot devices to monitor. You just need to activate the device and bind it to your account in the Offline usage setup page. Then place it anywhere you need, it will monitor the data and store them in its internal memory. After a period of time, you can connect it to your computer to view the offline data via the PC Tools. (Note, if you connect the device back to network, all the data will be synced to the platform and no data can be viewed in the Offline charts.
Diagnosis for failure to setup:
Please check the following aspects to ensure your WiFi meets the requirements of Ubibot devices.
- Please check if the WiFi signal is too weak. You can try to move the device closer to the router.
- Radio Mode = 2.4 GHz or 2.4/5 GHz Mixed Network. 5GHz only is not supported.
- WiFi Channel Supported: 1-13. (Some earlier models may only support channel 1-11 as US standard)
- Your router does not need any additional login procedure to access the Internet after connecting.Some public WiFi in hospital or school has this requirements.
- If you are using a network extender/repeater, the network name (SSID) and password are the same as your primary network.
- WiFi Protocol: 2.4GHz (802.11 b/g/n) Compatible.
- Channel width is set to 20 MHz or “auto.”
- WiFi Security: use OPEN, WEP, or WPA/WPA2 on your WiFi router.
- Your router has turned off MAC Address Filtering.
- You are not using a VPN (Virtual Private Network) or Proxy Server.
- Your router does not have Wi-Fi Isolation enabled. Some “guest” networks have this setting as a default.
- Your router supports IPv4.
If you are using a 2.4/5 GHz mixed router and you have not set up a 2.4 GHz network, please set up the 2.4 GHz network to connect your UbiBot device. Access your router’s administrator screen. Type in the IP address of your router in an internet browser window. To locate the IP of your router, please refer to your router’s documentation or this list of common router IP addresses.
Released Date: Oct. 23, 2019
Introduction of new features of this version:
-Customer interface: New design of the layout and UI style.
-Device setup: Setup via IP address (GS1) and APN (GS1 and WS1 Pro) are now available.
-Network history log: add functions to record last network information.
-Links to web console: Add link to the Ubibot web console.
-Time setup: Add features to calibrate the system time.
-Tourist mode: customers without an account can also log into this tool.
-Data export: Change the location of export button to under Offline Charts.
-Tools: Parse the metadata under Get metadata.